I had a start and ambitious plans to write something a bit more substantive for Monday’s Daily Cup of Joe, but as happens sometimes life got in the way enough that even my late night office hours did not leave enough time and/or energy to finish up. I will get back to that within the next few days.
Instead, today’s Daily Cup of Joe ponders a few looming questions for the offseason and also for the season ahead.
For the remainder of the offseason
1) Which of Justin Faulk and/or Jeff Skinner will still be with the team when the regular season begins?
2) Rod Brind’Amour is on record as saying that the team will only have one captain for the 2018-19 season. Who will it be?
3) Will the Hurricanes extend Sebastian Aho and/or Teuvo Teravainen this summer?
For the start of the season
4) Which Canes goalie will emerge from preseason with the starting job?
5) Who will claim the other slot on the line with Sebastian Aho and Teuvo Teravainen for opening day?
6) Which rookies will crack the opening day roster?
Over the course of the 2018-19 season
7) Which Canes goalie will win the most games during the 2018-19 season?
8) Which rookie will have the biggest impact?
9) Who will be the team’s most valuable player?
10) Will the team finally return to the playoffs?
Who has a couple questions to add to the list for some Canes hockey discussion in the dog days of the NHL offseason?