With the Hurricanes still sputtering coming out of the bye week now at 0-2-1 and the trade deadline now just under 1 week away, the Coffee Shop for Thursday will start the wheeling, dealing and horse trading a bit early, so that no one shows up next week and claims to have predicted an out of the blue trade without documenting for Canes and Coffee bragging rights.
Please remember to click ‘vote’ after each response.
Which unrestricted free agent will be traded first?
- Ron Hainsey (78%, 21 Votes)
- Viktor Stalberg (15%, 4 Votes)
- Jay McClement (4%, 1 Votes)
- Matt Tennyson (4%, 1 Votes)
- Derek Ryan (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 27
Congratulations to everyone who voted quickly and picked Ron Hainsey!
Moving on down the line…
1) Who has outlandish ideas for deals that Francis pulls off before next Wednesday and needs to make sure he/she documents it for proof? This is the place. 🙂
2) What are your thoughts on Phil Di Giuseppe 2.0 after a strong run in Charlotte? He has an assist and has collected a bunch of shots through 2 games. Is he just another AHL/NHL fringe player or is he capable of more? Same question for Brock McGinn and Derek Ryan who have now had long runs in the NHL lineup. Are any of these 3 players capable of being more than depth?
3) Would you consider including Lee Stempniak in the list of players who you would move if the return was good? (I shared my thoughts on him as a trade deadline wild card in part 1 of my trade deadline preview , so feel free to comment before or after you read my thoughts.)