I am not sure how everyone else feels, but I have mixed feelings on the bye week. On the 1 hand, I actually did appreciate the break at least in terms of the grind of stuff that comes with the regular 3 games in 4 days. On the other hand, I missed Canes hockey.
The next stretch is absolutely critical for the Hurricanes otherwise the Coffee Shop in March will be full of grumbling, commiserating, consoling and hopefully at least some looking forward to 2017-18. But with another burst of strong play at home where the Hurricanes have bee incredibly good, we can instead talk about what it takes to make the playoffs. I vote for that!
Remember to click ‘vote’ after each poll response.
Does Friday's 'seems easy' match up against league worst Avalanche at home coming out of a bye week scare you?
- A little bit. Nothing is a sure thing in the NHL and the Avs just beat Montreal to prove it. (72%, 39 Votes)
- Yes definitely. After NC State's horrid loss to UNC at PNC Arena on Wednesday, the place has an ominous feeling to it right now. (19%, 10 Votes)
- Not at all. It is exactly the easy win that the Canes need to start strong coming out of the break. (9%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 54
With some time to mull things over, do you think Coach Bill Peters will make changes to the forward lines to try to jump start some slumping scorers?
- Yes (72%, 38 Votes)
- No (28%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 53
Which Charlotte Checkers are likely to see NHL ice time in the coming weeks? (Select as many as you wish)
- Haydn Fleury (74%, 39 Votes)
- Phil Di Giuseppe (60%, 32 Votes)
- Andrej Nestrasil (36%, 19 Votes)
- Lucas Wallmark (36%, 19 Votes)
- Roland McKeown (32%, 17 Votes)
- Trevor Carrick (25%, 13 Votes)
- Other (add in comments) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 53
1) If the Hurricanes continue to struggle in terms of scoring past the Aho/Staal/Lindholm line, would you consider reaching quickly to Charlotte to see if Phil Di Giuseppe and/or Andrej Nestrasil (both of whom are playing well in the AHL) can provide a quick spark?
2) The greatest buzz for Canes fans and also in the broader hockey world continues to focus on Colorado and Landeskog and Duchene, but are there any other players who might be available who are maybe a little more under the radar that you think Francis should and/or will pursue?
3) Get out your crystal ball. Next Sunday after 5 straight home games over 10 days starting on Friday where will this team be?
4) Who has discussion or poll questions for the Coffee Shop for next Monday?