Rumors from Thursday afternoon sent the Canes hockey world spinning. After years of being in limbo, confirmed activity (Peter Karmanos did say he had an offer) and the mere possibility of closure was news in itself.
If you are catching up, you can find our article from Saturday with the latest analysis on the developing situation and also links to the source articles HERE. You can also find a batch of external reading on the potential sale in the Sunday Canes Chronicle HERE.
Today’s Monday Coffee Shop will offer a chance for everyone to bandy around the ownership situation, existing rumors and best guesses for an end point.
Carolina Hurricanes poll questions
Please remember to click ‘vote’ after each individual poll response.
What do you make of the 1pm media availability with Justin Williams scheduled for Monday afternoon? Is there a chance that it is being used to announce a team sale? (Choose as many as apply.)
- Stop with the conspiracy theory stuff. It is just a chance to promote the team and Justin Williams. (45%, 33 Votes)
- Though the media gathering is not scheduled for any kind of ownership announcement, it is intentionally scheduled to allow Ron Francis to address the situation. (30%, 22 Votes)
- Actually, the big surprise it that Justin Williams will be named the team's captain for the 2017-18 season. (28%, 21 Votes)
- I'm calling it. A team sale announcement is going to shockingly fall out of the sky on Monday morning. (1%, 1 Votes)
- Other (add in comments) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 74
1) Aside from the polls, what are your thoughts on the team sale rumors and situation?
2) What is your wild guess for how and when the ownership situation is ultimately resolved?
3) If the team is sold, what would you hope for changes to the team? What would you hope stays the same?
4) Who has suggestions for Coffee Shop discussion questions and polls for the rest of July? We are approaching that point when new news that kicks up conversation will be sparse, so the hope is to crowd source some great topics from the Coffee Shop patrons.