After the Hurricanes’ second consecutive 0-2 week (though this week was technically 0-1-1), the Monday Coffee Shop will take its chances and open on its normal schedule recognizing that the patrons might be a bit grumpy and needing to vent. Let’s be careful be respectful of the fact that hockey players and management are people, and let’s remember that all of us in here are part of the same hockey community. 🙂
Remember to click ‘vote’ after each poll vote.
Is the Carolina Hurricanes' 2016-17 season officially over in terms of making the playoffs?
- Yes. 100% over; time to move on. (54%, 36 Votes)
- Not quite, but it is close. Playoffs are maybe a 5% chance. (42%, 28 Votes)
- Not at all. Stop overreacting. A full one-third of the season remains, and the team is a winning streak away from being right back in it. (4%, 3 Votes)
- Other (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 67
Which of the following unrestricted free agents will be gone by the trade deadline? (Select as many as you wish.)
- Ron Hainsey (92%, 59 Votes)
- Viktor Stalberg (55%, 35 Votes)
- Jay McClement (48%, 31 Votes)
- Matt Tennyson (25%, 16 Votes)
- Derek Ryan (14%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 64
1) For those who just need to vent, we are here for you. Again, please be respectful of other human beings, but if you a place to spew out what stinks about Carolina Hurricanes hockey right now, here is your chance. (Puckgod, I’m looking at you. :-))
2) Assuming that we need to push into March with little, if any, playoff hope still intact, what do you look forward to seeing in March? What do you see as positives that can be gained from the remainder of the season if playoffs are not part of the equation?
3) For the 2017-18 roster, pairing players off, who is more likely to make the team? Haydn Fleury or Roland McKeown? Ryan Murphy or Klas Dahlbeck? Julien Gauthier or Nicolas Roy?