Today’s Daily Cup of Joe will take a short diversion from regular coverage of what happens on the ice, put down the traditional coffee mug and replace it with a beer mug.
Canes and Coffee is pleased to present our first annual beer drinker’s guide to the Canes hockey galaxy with the beer selections provided by Carolina Glenn and Dave at NC Beer Guys for both inside and outside of PNC Arena. (I love beer as much as the next person but have no legitimate expertise in selecting, evaluating or rating beers. I simply drink them.)
By way of brief introduction, NC Beer Guys is a local, independent web site (like Canes and Coffee) focused on promoting North Carolina Craft beer. NC Beer Guys web site is a treasure trove of NC beer news, events, videos and more featuring North Carolina breweries.
For a great beer survey of PNC Arena’s local craft beer options by NC Beer Guys, please also check out their video.
The timing could also be great for last minute gifts for local craft beer lovers and also stocking supplies for yourself and your friends and family for the holiday week ahead.
Without further ado here are recommendations (with links) from Dave and Glenn at NC Beer Guys for beer recommendations both inside and outside of PNC Arena for Carolina Hurricanes hockey.
1) Recommended beer for tailgating outside of PNC Arena on a cool fall or mild winter afternoon.
Growler of Fullsteam’s Hogwash.
2) Recommended beer to pair with a barbecue sandwich at the arena for dinner just prior to the opening face-off.
3) Recommended beer inside PNC Arena to celebrate with if the Canes are blowing the opponent out after 2 periods.
4) Recommended beer inside PNC Arena potentially with medicinal/calming capabilities for one of those nights when Hurricanes hockey isn’t good.
5) Local craft beer favorite on PNC Arena menu that most makes you say “Wow! I am impressed that I can get that at a hockey game!”
6) Recommended lighter beer for extended afternoon tailgating outside PNC Arena in summer weather for playoff hockey.
7) Recommended beer for late night Canes TV viewing during a West Coast swing with a run of 10:30pm start times.
(low abv 4.5%)
8) Recommended local coffee stout…We at Canes and Coffee have a coffee thing going with our hockey. 🙂
Canes and Coffee would like to extend a huge thank you to Dave and Carolina Glenn at NC Beer Guys for providing this fine menu of local craft beer options that pair well with various Carolina Hurricanes hockey scenarios.
If you are a fan of local craft beer and have a favorite or two, please feel free to offer a shout out in the comments to a local brewery, beer and best Hurricanes hockey situation for consuming it.
Cheers to local beer!